Friday, October 01, 2004

Best debate quotes

From the transcript:

Bush:

"Of course I know Osama bin Laden attacked us. I know that."
In response to Kerry's assertion that Bush's statement that "but the enemy attacked us, Jim" confused Saddam Hussein with bin Laden.

"You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way."
Did he practice his love on her also?

"Of course we're after Saddam Hussein -- I mean bin Laden."
Oopsie!

"I didn't need anybody to tell me to go to the United Nations. I decided to go there myself. "
Good for you, big fella! You show 'em!! Nobody's the boss of you!

Unfortunately, the uhs and ums (and just dead silence) do not go on a transcript, so CNB cannot include those moments. Those kinda scared me, actually, so maybe it is best they are not included.

Kerry:

"I have no intention of wilting. I've never wilted in my life. And I've never wavered in my life."
Uh . . .don't make CNB do a side-by-side comparison of statements, Mr. Nuance


CNB apologizes for only including one Kerry quote (especially with the CNB's self-given label of non-partisan), but Bush always provides so much more material.